Support and assistance for the use of Pellet in ontology-based application development is available from a variety of sources.
The ongoing development of Pellet, including R&D, maintenance, application development, etc., is sponsored by Clark & Parsia LLC, which offers commercial Pellet support contracts. If you need commercial Pellet support or want to prioritize the direction of Pellet’s future development, email or visit the support site.
Non-commercial support for Pellet is provided on a “best-effort” basis on the Pellet users mailing list — there’s an active developer and user community that can and will help you with Pellet. The archives of the mailing list are also available and highly recommended.
The Frequently Asked Questions document answers many basic questions about Pellet.
Pellet API & Example Programs
The details of the API are described in the Javadocs included in the distribution, which also includes many short, example Java programs using Pellet.
- Petr Kremen, Evren Sirin. SPARQL-DL Implementation Experience, 4th OWL Experiences and Directions Workshop (OWLED-2008 DC), 2008.
- Evren Sirin, Bijan Parsia. SPARQL-DL: SPARQL Query for OWL-DL, 3rd OWL Experiences and Directions Workshop (OWLED-2007), 2007.
- Evren Sirin, Bijan Parsia, Bernardo Cuenca Grau, Aditya Kalyanpur and Yarden Katz. Pellet: A practical OWL-DL reasoner, Journal of Web Semantics, 5(2), 2007.
- Evren Sirin and Bernardo Cuenca Grau and Bijan Parsia. From Wine to Water: Optimizing Description Logic Reasoning for Nominals, Proceedings of the International Conference on the Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR-2006), 2006.
- Evren Sirin and Bijan Parsia. Optimizations for Answering Conjunctive ABox Queries. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Description Logic (DL-2006), 2006.
- Vladimir Kolovski, Bijan Parsia and Evren Sirin. Extending SHOIQ with DL-safe Rules: First Results. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Description Logic (DL-2006), 2006.
- Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Bijan Parsia and Evren Sirin. Description Logic Reasoning with Syntactic Updates. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases, and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE-2006), 2006.
- Evren Sirin, Bijan Parsia, Bernardo Cuenca Grau, Aditya Kalyanpur and Yarden Katz. Pellet: A practical OWL-DL reasoner, UMIACS Technical Report, 2005-68, 2005.
- Bijan Parsia and Evren Sirin and Aditya Kalyanpur. Debugging OWL ontologies. In Proceedings of the 14th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW-2005), 2005.